- To promote the highest professional standards of oncology practice in the state of Utah.
- To study, research and exchange information, leading to improvement in the practice of hematology.
- To support and further oncology education.
- To monitor and respond to appropriate legislative and regulatory concerns of the membership.
SUMO is committed to:
- Improving the quality of patient care.
- Acting as an advocate for Utah cancer patients and their families.
- Fostering access to quality cancer care for the citizens of Utah.
- Assisting cancer practitioners in providing the most cost-effective quality care for their patients.
- Providing an opportunity for oncologists, physicians, and other health professionals to network and exchange information on cancer care.
- Serving as a resource to other organizations and agencies seeking to interact with the Utah cancer care community.
- Serving as the advocate for Utah oncology providers to national oncology organizations.
- Providing up-to-date legislative information on issues directly affecting patient care, including: drug reimbursement and Medicare information.
- Acting as a resource for physicians and their staff who have questions on reimbursement.
- Providing educational opportunities for its members.
SUMO BOARD MEMBERS
Ami Patel, MDAmi Patel, MDhttp://www.huntsmancancer.orgUniversity of Utah - Hematology Oncology Fellowship Program2000 Circle of Hope DriveSalt Lake City84112801-585-0120Board Member
Howard Colman, MDHoward Colman, MDhttp://www.huntsmancancer.orgHuntsman Cancer Institute2000 Circle of Hope, Clinic 2ESalt Lake City84112801-587-4024President
Heather Van Loon, PA-CHeather Van Loon, PA-Chttp://www.utahcancer.comHuntsman Cancer Institute2000 Circle of Hope DriveSalt Lake City84112801-581-2436Board Member
Mary Jo RichardsMary Jo Richardshttp://www.mjexecmgmt.comMJ Executive Management14601 E 88th Pl N, Suite 306Owasso74055918-284-8374Executive Director
Marc Nuttall, MDMarc Nuttall, MDhttp://reverehealth.com/Revere Health1055 North 500 West, Suite 202Provo84003801-374-2367Board Member
Nitin B. Chandramouli, MDNitin B. Chandramouli, MDhttp://www.utahcancer.comUtah Cancer Specialists3838 South 700 East, Suite 100Salt Lake City84106801-269-0231Board Member
Neil Nebughr, RPhNeil Nebughr, RPhhttp://www.utahcancer.comUtah Cancer Specialists1121 East 3900 South, Suite C230Salt Lake City84124801-262-9494Pharmacist Representative
Randy EricksonRandy Ericksonhttp://www.utahcancer.comUtah Cancer Specialists1121 East 3900 South, Suite C230Salt Lake City84124801-262-9494Admininistrative Representative
Scott Samuelson, MDScott Samuelson, MDhttp://www.utahcancer.comUtah Cancer Specialists389 South 900 East, Suite 100Salt Lake City84102801-933-6070Past President
Thomas Skidmore, MDThomas Skidmore, MDhttp://www.gammawest.comGamma West Cancer Services1250 East 3900 South, Suite 10Salt Lake City84124801-456-8401Radiation Oncologist Representative
Vincent Hansen, MDVincent Hansen, MDhttp:[email protected]Utah Hematology Oncology4403 Harrison Blvd, Suite 1685Ogden84403801-387-7150Board Member
Xylina Gregg, MDXylina Gregg, MDhttp://www.utahcancer.comUtah Cancer Specialists3838 South 700 East, Suite 100Salt Lake City84106801-269-0231Board Member